Sticky Frankfurter Wraps
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
min Preparation time min Cooking time Serves
- 2 Tbsp American Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 8 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 500g COLCOM Frankfurter Sausages
- 1 packet Wheat Flour Tortillas
- 4 Baby Gem Lettuce
- Sweetcorn Relish to serve (see below)
- 1 tsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 200-250g fresh Corn, about 2 cobs
- 1 Red Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 75ml Cider Vinegar
- 25g Castor Sugar
- ½ tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- Handful of Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Combine the mustard, tomato sauce and sugar. Preheat a griddle pan.
- Toss the sausages on the pan and sizzle for about 6-8 minutes. Brush with sticky sauce all over the frankfurters and toss around for a few minutes to glaze, basting regularly.
- Heat the tortillas on a hot dry pan for 30 minutes each side.
- Roll the sticky Frankfurters in the wraps along with some baby gem leaves.
- Finish with a dollop of sweet corn relish.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Tip in the shallots and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except the coriander) with ½ tsp salt.
- Bring to the boil, then cook gently for 10 minutes until the corn is golden and the sauce coats the kernels. Add coriander and leave to cool.
- Serve with hot dogs, burgers or pork chops.