Colcom contributes in multiple ways to the community, with particular emphasis on orphaned children, the elderly and infirm, and animal welfare.
- The registered organisations assisted during 2017/2018 are:
Children’s homes: Weekly – Chinyaradzo, Rose of Sharon, Shearly Cripps, St Joseph/St Marceline/Emerald Hill, Jairos Jiri.
Old people’s homes: Weekly – Athol Evans. Christmas – Athol Evans, Blue Kerry, BS Leon, Fairways, Flame Lily Trust, Malvern House Trust, MOTHS, Nazareth House, Pleasant Ways, RESCU, Waterfalls, Woodlands. Ad hoc – Eastern Highlands Trust.
Animal Welfare: Weekly – SPCA Harare & Mutare, Friend Animal Foundation. Ad Hoc – Tikki Hywood Trust, Veterinarians for Animal Welfare Zimbabwe (VAWZ), Vic Falls Anti-poaching Golf Day, Friends of Hwange Trust.
- Colcom also supports the Ballantyne Park Conservancy on a monthly basis, has assisted the St John’s School Pipe Band, and partners with other key corporates on some of their fundraising events for charities.
- Colcom initiated a monthly sporting project in aid of the With Love Foundation. Some other sporting events for various charities are also supported.
• Colcom is an active member of the Business Council for Sustainable Development Zimbabwe.
• Triple C Pigs, which is a division of Colcom, assists intending new farmers with training and advice and provides attachments to University/College students. On its main production unit, Triple C Pigs has invested in the development of a Clinic with a permanent Nursing Sister, which has been of considerable assistance to employees and their families. The nearby Norton Country Club, which includes a golf course and other sporting amenities, is run by Triple C Pigs.
“EVERY DAY we think of what Colcom has done for us. We are deeply thankful to you for relieving us, of a what was a heavy burden. It’s not often you can say you changed our lives……but YOU DID.”
Jane Clegg, Mutare SPCA
“Together we can make a difference. We have a responsibility to one another. We are part of a greater whole. We are one of many and many of One.”
Akiroq Brost, renowned international writer and journalist