Creamy Bacon Filo Baskets
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
min Preparation time min Cooking time Serves
- 1 roll of Filo pastry
- 300ml cream
- 300g COLCOM Value Bacon – chopped roughly
- 100g mozzarella – chopped into cubes
- 300g peas
- 2 tbls thyme chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cut the Filo pastry into square’s and brush with melted butter, layer them one on top of another, make about 4 layers per basket.
- Place in a muffin tin and bake at 180°C until golden brown.
- In a pan fry off the COLCOM Value bacon.
- In salted boiling water cook the peas until cooked.
- In the same pan the COLCOM Value bacon was cooked in pour in the cream, add the peas and season well, add the thyme. Reduce till very thick, once thick add the mozzarella and allow to melt slightly.
- Fill the Filo cases and serve one person per portion.