Baked Potato With Smoky Bacon
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
min Preparation time min Cooking time Serves
- 4 large Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
- Vegetable Oil
- ½ Onion, diced
- 250g COLCOM Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 can Baked Beans
- 2 Tbls chopped fresh Oregano or Basil or 3 tsp Italian Dried Herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Wedges and chopped Spring Onions
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Steam or boil whole sweet potatoes, takes roughly 45 minutes.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large over medium heat and sauté the onion and COLCOM Streaky Bacon until golden. Add the paprika, cumin, cinnamon and baked beans. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add herbs and season to taste.
- Cut a slit down the middle of the sweet potato and squeeze to open.
- Divide the bean filling between the sweet potatoes, squeeze over lemon juice and scatter with spring onions.
Delicious when served with a dollop of sour cream and a wedge of avocado.