Bacon & Strawberry Caprese Salad
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
- 450g Pasta
- 1 Punnet fresh Strawberries
- 300g Mozzarella, diced
- 250g COLCOM Streaky Bacon, diced and crispy fried
- 1 cup loosely packed Basil or Rocket
- 4 Spring Onions, chopped
- 3-4 Tbls Balsamic Glaze
- Olive Oil
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and immediately toss through a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toss the pasta with the strawberries, mozzarella, COLCOM Streaky bacon, spring onions and basil (or rocket).
- Put half the pasta in a serving bowl, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Then pour over the remaining pasta on top, and drizzle with more balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with extra basil if desired. Check seasoning and adjust with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To make Balsamic Glaze: Pour 1 bottle Balsamic Vinegar and 1 cup white sugar into a pot, place on medium high heat and reduce down until you have a fairly, but not too thick, reduction. You can halve this recipe i.e. half a bottle Balsamic and half a cup white sugar.
The Balsamic reduction will keep OUT OF THE FRIDGE indefinitely to add to salad and pasta salad dressings.