Bacon & Cheese Waffles
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
min Preparation time -2 min Cooking time Serves
- 1 ¹/3 cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tbls Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs Whites
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup melted Butter
- 1 cup Lacto/Maas
- 4 slices COLCOM Middle Cut Bacon – cooked, cooled and then crushed
- ¾ cup Soda Water
- Non Stick Spray
- ¾ cup Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until medium-soft peaks form.
- Whisk the egg yolks, melted butter, buttermilk and soda water in another bowl; gradually whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Coat the waffle iron with the non-stick spray. Ladle the batter onto the iron, spreading it into the corners (amount of batter will vary according to individual machines).
- Scatter 1 rounded tablespoon of the COLCOMBacon and 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese over each waffle. Cook until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a baking sheet; keep waffles warm in the oven between batches.