Bacon & Cheese Straws
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
min Preparation time min Cooking time Serves
- 250g COLCOM Value Bacon
- 500g Cheddar Cheese
- 50ml Paprika
- 50ml Cayenne Pepper
- 500g Puff Pastry
- 3 Eggs (for egg wash)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place the COLCOM Value Bacon in a food processor and blend until it is like fine mince. Place in a pan and cook. Set aside to cool.
- Grate the cheese and place in a bowl, add the paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, be generous because there will be egg wash and pastry. Once the COLCOM Value Bacon is cool add it too.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and mix them a bit.
- Roll out your pastry as large as you can, at least double it in size. Brush the whole sheet of pastry with your egg wash. Cover half the sheet with the cheese and COLCOM Value Bacon mix, fold the other half of the pastry over it. Roll out again, as much as you can without breaking it.
- Once rolled out place in the fridge until solid again.
- Once cooled through, slice into even stripes. Once cut twist them and place in a baking tray, and place in the oven for roughly 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.