Remember, with all seasoning, it’s better to use less and correct later, than to overdo it at the beginning.
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
- 500g COLCOM Frankfurters, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 Tbls Olive oil
- 1 head Cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 large white Onion, cut into large pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbls Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon or Whole Seed Grainy Mustard
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the COLCOM Frankfurters, without stirring for about 1 minute. Then stir occasionally for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan add the cabbage, onion, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vinegar and mustard; add Frankfurters back to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes to heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately on its own or over mashed potatoes.