Bacon Sausage & Leek Flan
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
min Preparation time min Cooking time Serves
1 Roll Short Crust Pastry
- 15g butter
- 5 small or 3 large leeks – washed and finely chopped
- 500 g COLCOM Bacon Sausages – quartered or sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 150ml double cream
- Salt and pepper
- Whole grain mustard
- Cheese – freshly grated
- Roll out pastry and use to line a 20 cm flan ring. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to relax (this prevents shrinkage during baking).
- Preheat oven to 190⁰
- Bake the pastry case blind (covered with greaseproof paper and filled with baking beans).
- Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 170⁰
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the leeks until soft.
- In a second pan warm the COLCOM Bacon Sausages.
- Mix together the egg yolks and cream. Add the leeks and COLCOM Bacon Sausages. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a fairly thick layer of mustard on the base of the flan and then pour in the filling.
- Sprinkle evenly with grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the filling has set.