Remember, with all seasoning, it’s better to use less and correct later, than to overdo it at the beginning.
Time, Temperature and Serves is approximate and is a guide only.
- 250g COLCOM Streaky Bacon, finely diced
- 6 large Beetroots, cut into thick slices
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Milled Pepper
- 200g Halloumi Cheese, sliced
- 100g Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 packet Baby Spinach
- 3 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss beetroots on a baking tray with olive oil and seasoning. Roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Toss through the hazelnuts and rosemary with the beetroot and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up a small frying pan and dry fry the slices of halloumi until golden and the edges have a slight crisp. Keep warm.
- Add a glut of oil to the same pan and quickly fry off the diced COLCOM Streaky bacon until crispy.
- Arrange beetroot, hazelnuts and baby spinach on a platter and whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle over.
- Add the halloumi cheese and sprinkle the salty bacon over the salad and serve.